Welcome to my website
You can find a little information about me, contact me, read or download selected publications or presentation handouts, or find some resources on two-way/dual language education, English language learners (ELLs), and preschool dual language learners.
I have worked with over 75 two-way/dual language and other bilingual programs from PreK through 12 over the past 30 years and during that time have helped to establish programs in over 60 school districts in 12 states.
I consult with various state departments of education, the US Department of Education, and other professional organizations and community agencies. I have authored or co-authored four books and many chapters and journal articles on the topics of dual language education and child bilingualism and have presented my findings at over 175 local, state, national and international conferences. My research was also used by the U.S. Secretary of Education to establish Title VII funding and program priorities for two-way/dual language programs, and has been cited in the Congressional Record.
I am available for consulting with schools, school districts, and community agencies in the following areas:
▪ Evaluation of dual language programs
▪ Evaluation of preschool programs with dual language learners
▪ Evaluation of family engagement programs
▪ Evaluations of dual language charter schools
▪ Assistance with using research to improve dual language program practice
▪ Assistance with developing evaluation plans for dual language programs
▪ Presentations to school boards, administrators, teachers
▪ Keynote and other presentations at conferences